We have a 24-hour answering service for emergencies and cancellations.
If you would like to speak directly to someone in the office, our telephones ring Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM (serviced for lunch from 11:45 AM until 1:30 PM). We're closed from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- You Must name Olivia Smith-Blackwell, MD as your primary physician with your insurance carrier prior to visit, or else we cannot see you.
- Be prepared to present your Current Insurance Card at your time of visit.
- Visits are by appointment only. We have a 24 hour notice of cancellation policy in effect: Missing an appointment (and failure to notify us of cancellation at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment) will result in a $25.00 fee added to your account.
- Co-pay or payment for services (if your plan does not cover office visits) is due at the time of service payable at check-in. We accept cash, checks, and credit card payments.
HEALTH CARE PROXY
- A Health Care Proxy form will be given to you at the check-in window when presenting as a new patient. If you would like us to have it on file, please fill out the information, sign it in front of two witnesses and return to office. If you already have a completed proxy form, please provide us with a copy.
- You must be seen in our office prior to seeing a specialist.
- Referrals WILL NOT be issued after your visit to a specialist.
- Please inform our office if you need a referral, along with the date of your appointment, specialist name, and the reason we referred you.
- Pre-surgery clearance is needed for most surgical procedures
- You must make an appointment to be seen in our office at least 7 day prior to your surgical procedure.
- If your surgery is a result of a workers compensation claim, please make sure to state that at the time you are scheduling.
- Have blood work, EKG, and chest X-ray (that was ordered by your surgeon) done a week before your appointment with us but no earlier than 14 days prior to your procedure.
- Bring paperwork from the surgeon's office, along with hospital information to your clearance appointment in our office.
- We accept most insurances
- We do not accept Fidelis and straight Medicaid
MEADOW FAMILY MEDICINE POLICIES
Meadow Family Medicine requires at least 2 weeks to complete paperwork. Once paperwork has been completed, reviewed, and signed, office staff will notify patient.
High deductible plans require patients to pay out of pocket for a certain portion of their medical care before covering certain services. That amount and those services are determined in an agreement between patient and insurance provider.
Meadow Family Medicine patients with high deductible insurance plans will be required to pay $80.00 at the time of service. If an office visit is more than $80.00, patients will receive a bill for the balance. If an office visit is less than $80.00, a credit will be placed on the patient's account and applied to the next office visit. Refund checks will be issued upon request.
Co-payments are due at the time of service.
Patients may request medication refills through the patient portal, over the phone, or at the time of service. Please request medication refills at least 5-7 days before running out of medication. Please note, the office is open Monday-Thursday and requests will be addressed during regular office hours.
Records Release Form
To request records from this office you will need to submit a written request for records. This request must be signed and dated. Requests should identify which specific records are necessary. Please state if requesting entire medical file.
Medical records are $0.75 (seventy-five cents) per page.
Meadow Family Medicine requires at least 2 weeks to gather information requested. Once records are compiled, office staff will notify patient that records are complete and how much they will cost.
Patients with account balances in collection or otherwise will be required to pay off those balances in full. Account balances as well as the cost of medical records are expected to be paid prior to release of records.